- CS814 Data Center Fuel Oil System Case Study - Day Tank Room
Data Center Fuel Oil System Case Study – Day Tank Room
The data center operator required fast construction of a fuel system to support 24 generators of 2MW capacity each. The generators were located inside the building. Each group of 6 generators has a dedicated fire rated room with containment pit. Within the room are 5 day tanks – one for each generator. Bulk storage tanks are located outside underground and adjacent to the building, allowing gravity overflow from generators.
The case study includes details for consulting engineers and contractors to facilitate improved system designs for critical facilities. Details include:
- General Description of Fuel System
- Design and Construction Challenges
- Operation Sequence Summary
- System Flow Diagram P&ID
- Discussions of Special Operating Features
Learn about the project to improve the cost, schedule, and reliability performance of your next fuel oil system.