- CS813 Data Center Fuel Oil System - Header Tank
Data Center Fuel Oil System Case Study – Header Tank
The data center operator required fast construction of a fuel system to support 16 generators of 2MW capacity each. The generators were located inside the building 2 generators per fire protected room. A pipeline header tank is located in a floor trench connecting all generator rooms. Generators draw fuel from the header tank and return fuel to same. Bulk storage tanks outside and adjacent to the building.
The case study includes details for consulting engineers and contractors to facilitate improved system designs for critical facilities. Details include:
- General Description of Fuel System
- Design and Construction Challenges
- Operation Sequence Summary
- System Flow Diagram P&ID
- Discussions of Special Operating Features
Learn about the project to improve the cost, schedule, and reliability performance of your next fuel oil system.