M1: Off Grid Personal Living for 1-2
On-Board Fresh and Black Water Storage, Fuel for Heat and Power, Digital Resouce Manager
- Steel Door and Window Security Screen
- Sink, Toilet, Shower, Heat, Vent, Lighting
- Bed Platform and Lots of Storage
- 10 ft x 8 ft Living Space
- 7 ft Ceiling Height
- 12 ft x 8 ft x 8 ft Overall
- Steel Door and Frame
- Deadbolt Lock – Personal Key
- Milk Box Delivery Door
- Window with Security Screen
- HUD Code Construction
- UL Certification
- Fire Safe Construction
- Smoke and CO Alarms
- Safety Glass Windows
- Exterior Light
- Home Type Amenities
- Drywall Walls and Ceiling
- Waterproof Sheet Flooring
- Raised Standard Bed Platform
- Extensive Personal Storage
- Pantry Cabinet
- LED Lighting Fixtures
- Wall Mounts for Clean Floor
- Ceramic Flush Toilet
- Ceramic Wash Sink
- Corner Shower Unit
- Traditional Exterior Finish
- With Classic Finish Color
- Fiber Cement Siding and Trim
Water - Power Management
- Computer Control
- Resource Management
- Average 3500 BTU Energy Use
- Average 15 GPD Water Use
- Welded Steel Frame
- Thermal Wall, Ceiling, Floor Panels
- Lightweight for Low Load Base
Water and Wastewater
- 100 GAL Fresh Water Tank
- 120 GAL Blackwater Tank
- For Weekly Refresh Service
- Time-Out Water Flow Control
- 2 x 20 LB Propane Tanks
- Dual Tank Regulator
- Weekly Refresh Service
- Auto-Start Propane Generator for
- Battery Charge System
- 2 x 12V No Maintain Batteries
- Rated at 100 Amp-HR
- Non-Corrosive Battery Boxes
- 12V LED Lighting Systems
- Hydronic Heating System
- Tankless Water Heater
- Thermostat Control
- Heat Exchanger for Domestic
- 12 VDC Fan Units rated 50 CFM
- 2 x USB Charging Ports
Concept: A low cost minimalist shelter with on-board utilities for urban homeless.
Environment: Current Urban Encampments.
Occupancy: 1-3 people. Consider: (1) single person, (2) couple, (3) single or couple with child, (4) single or couple with elderly, (5) single or couple with pet.
Servicing: Weekly replenishment of utilities, and food / personal care items through external access only of utility area. No service provider access to personal space. Service provided by non-profit / religious organizations.
- Base Requirements:
- Weatherproof: Exterior vandal resistant skin for weather protection and insulation. Including floor and roof.
- Security and Safety: Security windowed door with keyed exterior access. Escape window and security screen for emergency egress and ventilation on open from interior.
- Personal Use: Sleeping area above floor. Maximum storage space for personal goods
- Ability to Clean: Wall supported interior fixtures to maintain clear floor area for cleaning.
- Movable: Design as a skid to winch onto tilt trailer for delivery and re-location.
- Aesthetics: Home-like exterior and interior design and finishes.
- Onboard Utility Requirements:
- Clean Water: Water for sanitation, hygiene, and possible drinking – cooking.
- Wastewater: Wastewater from toilet, sink, and possible floor drain.
- Propane: Propane for generator, heating, and possible cooking.
- HVAC Systems: Ventilation, heating, and possible cooling.
- Power: Generator and battery for electric power for lighting, hvac, utility outlet, and possibly pumps