- CS812 Data Center Fuel Oil System Case Study - Sub-base Tanks
Data Center Fuel Oil System Case Study – Sub-Base Tanks
The data center operator required fast construction of a fuel system to support 16 generators of 2MW capacity each. The generators are installed within pre-fabricated enclosures outside of the building walls. The enclosures include 4000 gallon sub-base fuel tanks. Fill stations are located about 300 feet away at a location where delivery trucks have access outside the equipment yard.
The case study includes details for consulting engineers and contractors to facilitate improved system designs for critical facilities. Details include:
- General Description of Fuel System
- Design and Construction Challenges
- Operation Sequence Summary
- System Flow Diagram P&ID
- Discussions of Special Operating Features
Learn about the project to improve the cost, schedule, and reliability performance of your next fuel oil system.