- Think 10% for Generator DEF Tank Sizing
Think 10% for DEF Tank Sizing
A good rule of thumb is that DEF consumption is about 10% of fuel consumption. So size DEF day tanks and bulk tanks at about 10% of fuel storage tanks.
Our new DEF Tanks are cubic stainless steel tanks 25 – 2500 Gallons. They are designed for use in the harsh operating environment of diesel power generators to provide reliable supply to emissions SCR units. They are available as single wall, double wall, with optional insulation. .
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) requires specialized storage to maintain required quality for diesel generator exhaust treatment. DEF must be maintained closely to its 32.5% concentration of urea in deionized water. DEF must be protected both from low temperature freezing and high temperature degradation. And the quality is critical since many diesel generators cannot legally be operated without effective in-spec pollution control.
- Cubic Design: The cubic design minimizes space requirements near generators.
- Insulated: Insulation between the tank walls assures DEF quality protection form cold and heat.
- Stainless Steel: Corrosion protection from aggressive DEF fluid and physical protection in machine areas.
- Double Wall: Secondary containment of DEF for Environmental and Personnel Safety.
- Complete DEF Systems: Tank openings and brackets designed for pumps, controls, and sensors.Accessory equipment factory mounted for specific system requirements.
Here is the data sheet for more information: